SendasUnique Uruguay beach hotel
El Chorro, Maldonado
Looking for a totally original Uruguay hotel on the beach? Chic and cozy, these renovated train wagons make a perfect escape from summer crowds, tucked away in El Chorro, a relaxed beach community ten minutes drive from Jose Ignacio.
When you head east past the tourist magnet that is Punta del Este, the change in the landscape is immediate— high rise apartment complexes disappear, replaced by open views of the sea, surfers, and homes with colourful gardens. It’s less crowded, more natural, and instantly relaxing.
Las Sendas, “the pathways”, is a property two blocks from the ocean, featuring two renovated train cars, with a common patio, fire pit and grilling area.
The owner Roberto is Uruguayan born but lived abroad for 20 years working in international banking, most recently in New York City. Yet he decided one day to leave finance for a more peaceful life in Uruguay. We are tickled he has brought his retro decorating sensibilities to the coast.
- Fully reconverted train wagon located in peaceful beach community
- Comfortable double bed or two twins
- Hotel quality bathroom with a great shower
- Sizeable, surprisingly (for the beach) well-equipped galley kitchen with a long counter
- Airconditioning/heating and a real wood-burning stove to play with!
- Private deck with its own small barbecue (tip: ask for the one with the ocean view)
- Shared fire pit
- Beach lounge chairs
- Decent storage space for luggage
What you should know
- Daily maid service available for an additional charge
- Reservations via Whatsapp or email
- Occupancy – 1-3 people per wagon
- Cash only
- The wagons are ecological in design with green planted roofs
Low season from 75 USD per night
Calle 7 and Ruta 10 / Altos de Punta Piedras
Email Roberto on firstname.lastname@example.org or call/WhatsApp him on +598 96 122 233
Things to do around La Barra